Technology is limited only by our imagination...
The Cloud Enabled New Applications
Cloud computing enabled applications to become mature, at the cost of intelligence and performance.
The Cloud and the Network Remained Distant
Devices and Applications are starved of proximate computing power limiting the creation of new applications and services.
Let's break the limitations..
The Edge Enables a
New Class of Applications
Bridging together the Network and Cloud environments enables a new Edge Cloud and Edge API’s!
Society is at an inflection point of
- We are on the cusp of a seismic paradigm shift wherein computing and communications will move from the core network and a centralized cloud architecture to the Edge.
- Edge Internet is a network upgrade to current fixed and mobile network architecture such that compute and data resources are always available at the nearest node possible and optimized for performance and cost.
- Edge not only enables new applications and services but also makes the existing apps run better and more cost effectively.
- The current Internet architecture is running into the limits of balancing performance and costs.
- The current mobile network architecture is running into the limits of how congestion is managed cost effectively especially in light of a 3x surge expected with 5G.
- While 5G reduces the Device-to-RAN latency, the overall E2E latency doesn’t get reduced dramatically.
- The new set of applications and services are not possible without an upgrade of the network architecture e.g. VR, Cloud Streaming, Cloud Robotics, Sports Betting, Advanced Manufacturing, Holographic Entertainment and Autonomous Fleets.
- The densification nature of the 5G network is natural fit for Edge Computing but Edge doesn’t rely on a specific access technology. It is more of an architectural upgrade wherein you move the resources (content, compute, analytics, AI training and inference, data residency, etc.) closer to the Edge on-demand and anticipatorily.
- Thus Edge is as much applicable to 3G or 4G as it is to 5G, to WiFi as it is to Fixed. Edge does shine in use cases where low latency is not achievable through access means.
- 5G doesn’t eliminate the RAN-Core-Cloud latencies.
Internet, Mobile, Cloud... Edge!
The Edge Internet Economy builds on and extends the existing tech ecosystems.
Introducing The Edge Cloud
Ideals of the Edge Cloud
Edge Connectivity for any application, data, or device
Compute & storage on-demand for you at the Edge
Easy to use API’s and integration tools for a friction free expierence
Secure by design at all Edge Clouds – Public and Private
Analyze and manage all APIs integrations from a single interface
Creating New Tools for New Applications
AR & VR
Oil & Gas
Explore The Edge Internet
© 2020 AlefEdge, Inc. ® All rights reserved